We have an established sporting culture of everyone 'having a go' in sport at Highfields State School.
Sporting calendar highlights include:
- Prep - Year 6 Athletics Carnival Week
- Prep -Year 6 Fun Run and Cross Country day (including a colour explosion obstacle course)
- Years 3 -6 Swimming Carnival
- Lunchtime training sessions in preparation for our major whole school sporting events
- Lunchtime mixed sporting competitions for Years 3-6 students
- Interschool sport in Terms 1 and 4 against other Toowoomba schools
- Lunchtime training sessions to prepare students for their participation in the interschool competitions
Representative Sporting Opportunities
From the year students turn nine years old, they have opportunities to attend sporting trials at Inner Downs Zone level and Darling Downs Regional Championships. From ten years old, students may also progress to Queensland and National School Sport Championships. Each year, Highfields State School students are selected to represent Inner Downs Zone and the Darling Downs Region in a variety of sports.